The following classes are available for furthering your understanding of Orthodoxy. Please note that You do not have to be an Orthodox Christian to receive ministry or attend focus groups at St. Sophia.
- Bible Study: Wednesdays at 10 am in administration building
- Spiritual Awakenings Discussion Group: readings in Orthodox spirituality, Thursdays at 7 pm in the Mangos Hall. Currently reading: Our Thoughts Determine Our Lives by Elder Thaddeus.
- Rachel's Children: Grief and Loss support group, Tuesdays at 7 pm in Mangos Hall (please call to be sure of meeting times). Especially for parents who have lost infants or older children, but anyone who has lost a friend or family member is welcome to attend.
- Hospital, Hospice and Nursing/Retirement Home visitation: call 210-788-8797.
- Introduction to Orthodox Christianity: Saturdays at 4:30 pm.
- Modern Greek School (Elliniko Scholio): learn the basics and how to communicate in Greek while developing and cultivating awareness of the Hellenic culture and heritage in an Orthodox Christian environment. The school meets at the church grounds immediately after Liturgy on Sundays from September until June of each calendar year. There are classes for beginners, intermediate and advanced level. For more information and to register, please contact professor Sotiri Stathaki at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Metropolis of Denver
Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Church is under the Omophorion of His Eminence Metropolitan Isaiah of Denver of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.